Why Is Residential Shrink Wrap Especially Important in Winter?
Fall is here and that means it’s time to start preparing for the harsh weather conditions that will soon be upon us. Don’t allow your patio furniture to rust and wear down. Unlimited Shrinkwrap can help you protect your investments and keep your outdoor furniture and many other pieces of outdoor equipment looking as fresh as the year before with residential shrink wrap.
Shrink wrap can protect against things such as UV light, wind, rain, snow, ice, and animals. Zippered doors are also available in case you may require inside access during the off season. From smaller objects like tables and chairs to bigger items like gazebos and greenhouses, we have you covered!
Residential shrink wrap can help preserve the quality of many things on your property. Here are a few examples.
- Automobiles – Perhaps you have a car that holds great value to you. Like a classic old Chevy. These cars are great to take out for a spin when the weather is right but you certainly wouldn’t use it in harsh conditions, would you? Many people like to throw a simple tarp cover over it and call it a day. But this certainly doesn’t give your prized possession the total protection that it needs. Shrink wrap will protect your Chevy from anything it may encounter during the holiday months.
- Boats – Boats have it the worst when it comes to vehicles during the winter. They are certainly not going to fit in the garage. They’ll remain exposed to the elements. It is especially important to prepare and shrink wrap your boat before winter. Otherwise you will be paying for it once spring arrives.
- Motorcycles – Similarly to cars, motorcycles are often not given the proper protection during the winter and it can cause issues later down the road. Residential shrink wrap will give you the ultimate protection for your bike.
- Tables and Chairs – Leave them out on the porch, or in the yard, and tables and chairs will end up buried in the snow. This will cause external rusting and an overall damaged appearance. Save yourself the money of having to purchase a new table set every spring and think about our residential shrink wrap service.
- Gazebos – If anything can really make the yard look top notch, it’s a gazebo. Especially when all of the plants are in full bloom. But what about during the winter? It is too big to bring inside and taking it apart is quite the hassle. Shrink wrap is the perfect solution to preserving the quality and keep it as fresh as new. If it is made of wood it will most likely wear down and even become warped due to the snow. Don’t forget to ask for the zipper allowing you access throughout the winter.
Shrink wrap tightened around the outside of the greenhouse will reduce heat loss and cut heating costs down by about 15% to 20%. Not to mention you will better protect any delicate plants held within. You can then remove and recycle the shrink wrap when spring arrives.
- Trampolines – Trampolines are held together by metal springs. Those springs corrode when exposed to the freezing and wet conditions of winter. Rust will weaken the springs and eventually cause it to snap. And given the nature of a trampoline, it would be extremely dangerous if anyone should want to jump on it when the weather warms up.
- Swimming Pools – Pools are something you probably cover every winter. Unfortunately many basic pool covers can’t handle the strong wind that we tend to get during the winter season. Shrink wrap is the solution for this as it is shrunk to fit the pool tightly without any wear and tear.
Unlimited Shrinkwrap’s residential shrink wrap offers weatherized covers for all of your personal assets to be stored outside or in bad weather conditions. We believe that each asset is important no matter how big or small. Call Unlimited Shrinkwrap today to learn more about our residential shrink wrap in McHenry, IL and the greater Chicago area!
This post was originally published in January 2017, and has been updated for thoroughness and accuracy.